KHOP Statement of Purpose
The Kalamazoo House of Prayer (KHOP) seeks to be a 24-hour house of prayer and worship. We believe in the necessity
for those who are followers of Jesus Christ to come together to pray. In this unity of prayer, we believe for an increased outpouring
of the Holy Spirit even as the time of Christ’s return draws closer – a sovereign outpouring that will produce a great harvest of souls
as well as the spiritual and physical transformation of our region.
Unity of the Church
- Establish a co-operative 24-hour house of prayer and worship in agreement with Jesus’ prayer that the church would minister to God and our community as one. (John 17:20)
- Celebrate prayer in agreement with, and worship of, Jesus – manifest in the beauty of diverse streams of the Bible-believing Church of southwest Michigan coming together.
- Respond to the call for the Church to be a “house of prayer for all nations.” (Isaiah (56:7)
Night and Day Cry for Righteousness and Justice
- Participate in God’s sovereign plan to restore night and day worship in the spirit of David’s tabernacle prior to the return of Jesus. (Amos 9:11, Luke 18:7)
- Encourage the Church in a lifestyle of fasting, praying, giving, and serving – striving to truly be the image of a bride for which Jesus is returning. (Matthew 6)
- Stand firm in the Lord. (2 Thessalonians 2:15)
- Contend for the peace of Jerusalem, that the city of Jesus’ throne will be a praise in all the earth. (Isaiah 62:7)
- Pray for the establishment of southwest Michigan as region of refuge where those who are oppressed are set free, the hungry are fed, the homeless are given shelter, and the naked clothed. (Isaiah 58:6-7)
- Be a catalyst to repair the cities of our region, restoring foundations and rebuilding walls. (Isaiah 58, 61)
Outpouring of the Holy Spirit and a Harvest of Souls
- Contend night and day for the out pouring of the Holy Spirit to equip the Church to fulfill the Great Commission. (Acts 2, Revelation 7:9).
- Cultivate an atmosphere where hearts are open to the message of Jesus Christ and to equip laborers to go forth boldly into these ripe harvest fields.
Multiply Spirit-Empowered Prayer and Worship
- Promote the development of individuals and teams to minister with excellence in the power of the Holy Spirit.